Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2015

GMA T: Honey Whole Wheat Bread

My grandmother, about 2 years ago, gave me her box of recipes. It is a small 2-drawer filing box and one side is completely full of recipes. Some of these recipes she has hand written and some are cut out of boxes, people have given to her, etc. She passed away on April 14th, 2015. My goal this year is to get as many of her favorites onto my Cooking Blog so that I can share them with our entire family and my Friend Camille - whom was EQUALLY excited about my receiving this box of treasure as I was.

*This first recipe is from Cari Hellman - I do not know why this recipe was in the box or who she is. I am currently researching this information. :) I thought she was a cousin - but I was wrong.


Prep Time: 3 hours            Serving: 4 9x5 loaves

Ingredients:
4 tbsp yeast                                                      1/2 cup honey
4 cups warm water                                            2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter (softened)                                  6 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup molasses  or sugar                           4 cups white flour
Directions:
  1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in the warm water
 2. In a large bowl combine butter, molasses, honey and salt - mix well
 3. Add yeast mixture and then gradually add the flours
 4. Turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth
 5. Place buttered bowl (with dough inside) and let rise until double
 6. Punch down and let rest for a few minutes
 7. Divide dough into 4 equal parts and shape into loaves
 8. Place in greased pans and let rise for about an hour
 9. Bake at 375* for 30-35 minutes
10. Butter the tops of the loaves immediately after removing
11. Enjoy!
Make it a great one!!
Tammy_IM_48x48_thumb22222222_thumb_thumbAbout Tammy: Daughter, Sister, Wife, Online Schooling Mother of 8 (ages: G15, G14, B12, G9, B8, B4, G3, B9mos). Stepmom of 2. StepMother in law to two, (step) Grandma to Peyton, Mattix and Andrew. 
Writer at BellaOnline. Blogger at Latter-Day Homeschool and JuddzWorld!! Happy & Satisfied!!






0 comments:

Post a Comment