Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2015

Gma T's: Never Fail Devils Food Cake

My grandmother, about 2 years ago, gave me her box of recipes. She passed away April 14th, 2015. My goal this year is to get as many of her recipes onto my Cooking Blog so that I can share them with all interested family and friends.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIDYN!!!!
I can't believe you are already a year old. So much has happened over the past year but I have always been grateful to have been blessed with such a cute, healthy, chubby baby boy. You'll always be my baby!! :) I love you Aidyn!! Keep growing stronger and healthy!! 

* Recipe credited to Jessie Olson (one of my Grandma T's and Mom's very good friends from Superior, Az. In fact, I believe her husband Jack actually performed my parents wedding. I will have to double check my information :) 

Ingredients:
3 c sugar
1 c shortening
6 eggs
3/4 c cocoa
3/4 c cold water + 1 1/2 tsp soda
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp red food coloring
4 1/2 c flour + 4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 c boiling water

Directions:
Cream sugar and shortening. Add eggs. Add water, vanilla and coloring. Beat well and add boiling water. Pour into greased sheet cake pan. Bake 325* for 15 min then at 350* until done.

Red Devil Icing:
Put into small mixing bowl 1/2 c shortening. Beat until fluffy. Slowly add 1/2 c evaporated milk and beat well until like whipped cream. Add a pinch of salt, t 1wp vanilla and 1/2 c cocoa, 1 lb (or 2 cups) powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp red coloring. Ice cake when cooled. 

Make it a great one!!
Tammy_IM_48x48_thumb22222222_thumb_thumbAbout Tammy: Daughter, Sister, Wife, Online Schooling Mother of 8 (ages: G15, G14, B12, G9, B8, B4, G3, B9mos). Stepmom of 2. StepMother in law to two, (step) Grandma to Peyton, Mattix and Andrew. 
Writer at BellaOnline. Blogger at Latter-Day Homeschool and JuddzWorld!! Happy & Satisfied!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment