Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2015

Gma T's: Oatmeal Cake

My grandmother, about 2 years ago, gave me her box of recipes. She passed away April 14th, 2015. My goal this year is to get as many of her recipes onto my Cooking Blog so that I can share them with all interested family and friends.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUENTIN!!
 I can't believe you are 5 today!! I can't believe you started Kindergarten this past week too!! :) Its a RED LETTER MONTH for you!!! I am so proud of you and have been so blessed to be your Mom! Keep up the great work!

* Recipe has Janiel Clark's name on it (also from Superior, AZ Ward/Branch).  

Ingredients/Directions:
1 1/4 c boiling water
1 c oatmeal.
    Combine and let stand for 20 minutes
1/2 c butter (or shortening)
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
    Blend together until creamy
Combine following ingredients and add to egg mixture:
   Sift:
        11/2 c flour
        1 tsp soda
        1/2 tsp salt
        3/4 tsp cinnamon
        1/4 tsp nutmeg
Bake at 350* in a 9inch square pan for 50-55 minutes

Make it a great one!!
Tammy_IM_48x48_thumb22222222_thumb_thumbAbout Tammy: Daughter, Sister, Wife, Online Schooling Mother of 8 (ages: G15, G14, B12, G9, B8, B4, G3, B9mos). Stepmom of 2. StepMother in law to two, (step) Grandma to Peyton, Mattix and Andrew. 
Writer at BellaOnline. Blogger at Latter-Day Homeschool and JuddzWorld!! Happy & Satisfied!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment